Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) provides training to the general public on how to help somebody who may be experiencing mental distress. With 97% good or very good feedback, I take passion in delivering courses.
Youth MHFA designed for those who live or work with young people.
Mental Health First Aid does not teach you how to diagnose or treat mental health conditions. Just like with physical first aid, what it does teach you, is how to provide initial support and how to encourage the person to seek professional help.
The 2 day course teaches about young peoples mental health, covering a variety of topics including:
- Risk factors for mental ill health
- Language around mental health and mental illness
- How to spot the signs that a young person may be experiencing mental health issues
- How to support a young person who may be in distress
- Information, including statistics, signs and symptoms on:
– Eating disorders
– Self harm
- How to be mindful of your own mental health
Due to funding, I am able to provide the 2 day course at £180, rather than the full £300. I have the early bird price of £150 for all the courses that I run.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of having a course run near you, please feel free to contact me.
I am also able to run courses for schools or organisations, for 8-16 people per course. Prices start at £1000. For more information and to discuss the possibility of running a course for your organisation, please contact me.
Phone: 07511 649 754